Thursday, February 19, 2009

Missing in action on DVD: The Return of Godzilla (Godzilla 1985)




The Return of Godzilla (Godzilla 1985)

A direct sequel to the original Godzilla.

Were are you Godzilla? We need you on DVD. Every one of the big guy's films are available on DVD here save this one. According to some research online Anchor Bay has the rights to this film in the U.S. For what ever reason they have no plans on releasing it. Only available on region 2 and 3 DVDS.

This may be my favorite of the Godzilla films. I so wanted to see it in 85 on it's brief theatrical run but it came and went quick. Not till it premiered on channel 45 did I get to see it. Then I rented the VHS a whole hell of a lot.

I'd love to see Tri-Star get the rights to this baby. With both versions of the film
The Raymond Burr U.S. cut and the longer and superior Japanese cut of the film.
I'd be there with a Dr. Pepper in hand.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...