Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Movies I love:The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

"Look at my red hands and my mean face... and I wonder 'bout that man that's gone so wrong."

A new little feature were I basically yap a little about some of my favorite films and post some kick-ass images from them. Very much inspired by the great Moon in The Gutter posts. I couldn't think of a better way to start then this film.

A haunting and beautiful epic movie that focus on a handful of characters and driven by two great performances. Brad Pitt as Jesse James who captivates with his sadness and cruelty. Casey Affleck as Robert Ford who is driven by a want of fame and petty ambition. A strong supporting performance is given by Sam Rockwell as Charley Ford, Robert's simple brother who has a hidden intelligence. At three plus hours it never feels like it. Andrew Dominik's direction and Roger Deakins' cinematography capture a time period that is at times dirty,bleak and beautiful.











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...