Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October HorrorFest Day 6



Anthologies of Evil

Sadly I don't have much time to talk about these suckers.

Creepshow (1982)



Boy this one is so much fun and those visuals rule. Haven't watched it in ages. Not a big fan of the "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" segment and "They're Creeping Up On You!" Both are good but along side the other three segments I feel they don't hold up as well.

Tales from the Crypt (1972) and The Vault of Horror (1973)





Never saw Tales before and Vault I saw once years ago. The Amicus anthology films are always a fun trip. Plus Vault has Tom Baker and Terry-Thomas and Crypt's got Joan Collins and Peter Cushing.

All three reminded me of the old days finding beat up copies of The Haunt of Fear, Vault of Horror and Creepy at garage sales. They'd have that musty old magazine/comic book smell. I really miss that smell. nothing like that and ads for sea monkeys and x-ray specs.

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

Haven't seen Creepshow in years, but I caught The Vault of Terror, I think, last Halloween. Fun flick, without a doubt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...